At Go Dental Clinic, metal braces are one of the most popular choices among parents for both children and teenagers. Traditional metal braces are made out of high-quality stainless steel. Metal brackets and archwires are used to correct misaligned teeth.
Metal braces are also used to treat adults, as the appliance is now more comfortable than ever before. Metal braces are efficient and cost-effective in treating all malocclusions.
Ceramic braces are clear and therefore blend in with the color of your natural teeth. They are ideal for patients who want a more aesthetic appearance of their teeth compared to metal braces.
It is vital to attend your follow-up appointments, as our Orthodontist will be able to make the required adjustments to your braces to ensure that your treatment is on the right track.
It is very important to practice good oral hygiene habits throughout the course of your orthodontic treatment to help maintain a healthy set of teeth.
If you would like to book a consultation session for an orthodontic evaluation, kindly book an appointment online with us today or call us on +971 4 397 9522.
Care For Your Braces
It is highly recommended to maintain the following oral hygiene practices during your orthodontic treatment:
- Ensure that you brush your teeth after each meal with a soft bristle orthodontic toothbrush and use a toothpaste that contains fluoride
- If you cannot brush your teeth after each meal, then rinse your mouth with water
- Floss between your brackets and gums before going to bed to help avoid plaque build-up
- Use orthodontic mouthwash after brushing and flossing
It is advised to stay away from hard foods such as nuts and hard candy. You should also minimize your intake of sugar, fizzy drinks and sticky foods as those types of food can potentially cause tooth decay.
Upper Retainer Care
- Brush your upper retainer with liquid soap and water. Every once in a while, you can also use denture cleaner and warm water to clean the retainer
- If you have any pets, keep your retainer away from them
- At each of your appointments, bring your retainer along with you
- Whenever you are not using the retainer, put it in the orthodontic box provided to you by your Specialist Orthodontist
Lower Retainer Care
- Ensure that you clean the wire and inside portion of your teeth
- Use super floss or a water flosser to clean the area in between your retainer wire and gums