Dental bridges are an option for patients having one or more missing teeth. A dental bridge is used to close the gap by replacing the missing tooth/teeth. Dental bridges are made of metal with porcelain or metal-free zirconia.
Dental Bridges & Crowns
Dental Bridge Procedure
For a dental bridge, the teeth adjacent to the gap will be prepared for the bridge. This process involves reshaping the teeth by removing so that a dental crown can be placed on top of the teeth. After this the dental impressions of the teeth are made. These impressions are used as a model to make the dental bridge. During the time span that your bridge is made in the dental lab, your dentist will provide you with a temporary bridge. You can wear the temporary bridge to help protect your prepared teeth until you receive the new bridge.
The dentist will remove your temporary bridge during your second visit and then the new bridge will be cemented.
The Advantages of Dental Bridges
- Restores your smile by giving a natural appearance
- Restores your ability to chew food properly and speak
- It helps in maintaining your facial structure
- Prevents your remaining teeth from rotating or shifting out of position
- Ensures that your bite remains intact
A dental crown can be described as a tooth-shaped cap placed over your tooth. The main purpose of a dental crown is to cover your tooth to restore its size, shape, strength and appearance. Usually ceramic or porcelain dental crowns are used, as they match the natural color of your teeth.
Dental Crown Procedure
During the first visit, the tooth that requires a crown is thoroughly examined and X-rays are taken of both the tooth and the surrounding bone structure. Before proceeding with dental crown procedure, dentists ensure the safety of the tooth from decay or infection. Then the tooth is filed down as required for the crown to fit. After reshaping the tooth, impression or scans of the teeth. The Dentist will put a temporary crown to cover and protect the filed tooth while you’re waiting on the permanent one. During the second visit, the dentist removes the temporary crown and fixes the permanent one.
When Do You Need a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are most suitable in the following instances:
- To protect a weak tooth
- To cover and support a tooth that has a large dental filling
- To help restore a broken or worn-down tooth
- To place over a dental implant
- To cover and strengthen a tooth after a root canal treatment
Why Choose Our Clinic for Dental Bridges and Crowns Procedure?
- Crowns and bridges are made in our own dental lab
- The treatment is safe and comfortable
- We offer long-lasting results
- We provide the best quality dental bridges and crowns
- We provide prosthetics that look the same as natural teeth
- Treatments are done by highly experienced prosthodontists
I was having intense tension to smile openly. Dr Tejomaya is really professional and he made my smile great. He listens and gives the best advices on the treatment. Thanks to the entire team.
I missed one of my front tooth in an accident. Dr Shyam helped me to get back my smile and look. Thanks to Go Dental Clinic and the amazing team over there.