Invisalign is one of the most popular options for people that are looking to straighten their teeth and who are self-conscious or worried about wearing traditional metal braces. Not only is Invisalign easy to use but it is also nearly invisible.
Invisalign Provides You With The Following Advantages
- Your impressions are taken and then you are provided with custom made aligners that will fit your teeth perfectly
- You can remove it while eating, drinking, flossing and brushing your teeth. Hence, there are no restrictions in terms of what you can eat as you do not have to worry about the food getting stuck in between wires or brackets
- It has a better fit which therefore provides better comfort
- Since Invisalign is nearly invisible, people around you will not notice that you are undergoing orthodontic treatment
- Faster treatment time compared to traditional braces. The treatment time can vary from case to case, but the regular time frame is between 6 to 18 months.
- It is extremely effective on various orthodontic cases
Find Out How Invisalign Works
Invisalign is the most advanced clear aligner system in the world. Currently, more than 5 million people have been treated with Invisalign. Each Invisalign aligner is made up of a particular type of thermoplastic resin, which applies force on your teeth so that they align properly.
Between every 7 to 10 days, the aligners are changed. After which, each of the following aligners then work towards shifting your teeth into the ideal position which was planned for by your Orthodontist.
The Process Of The Treatment
- Attend an orthodontic consultation session which will include a complete examination to help determine if Invisalign is the right choice for you
- Our Specialist Orthodontist will then take photos, radiographs and scans to evaluate your case. After which, the Orthodontist will create a tailor-made treatment plan
- Your teeth are then digitally scanned which takes around 10 to 15 minutes. After this process, your scan is sent off to Align Technology, where they will begin to plan your treatment
- A video is then created with the help of advanced digital software, to help showcase the transformation of your case. It shows your teeth shifting into place from the initial to final phase
- Once Align Technology sends us your custom-made aligners, we will pass it on to you to start using as per the instructions of the Orthodontist
Are You A Candidate For Invisalign?
In order to determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign, you would have to go in for an orthodontic consultation session, so that the Orthodontist can evaluate your case accordingly. Invisalign can be used to treat the following cases:
- Gapped teeth
- Crowded set of teeth
- Open bite
How Many Hours Do You Have To Wear Your Invisalign Aligners For?
It is recommended that you wear your Invisalign aligners for 22 hours per day. This is to ensure that your treatment is progressing in the right way.
Does It Affect Your Speech?
When wearing the aligners, there is no major change in the way you speak. If at all, it might only be temporary and minor. After your tongue gets used to the aligners, any speech issue such as a minor lisp will be eliminated completely.
How Many Visits Are Required During The Treatment Process?
Between every 4 to 6 weeks your Orthodontist will schedule an appointment with you. The purpose of these appointments is to help ensure that your treatment is on track.
Can You Smoke And Chew Gum While Wearing Your Aligners?
You should not smoke while wearing your aligners due to the fact that the aligners can become discolored. It is not recommended to chew gum while wearing the aligners as the gum can stick to the aligners.
What Can You Do To Take Care Of Your Aligners?
You can do the following list of things to ensure that you are looking after your Invisalign aligners in the right manner:
- Every time you remove your aligners make sure to rinse them with water before putting them back on
- You can use Invisalign cleaning crystals to soak your aligners in which will help keep it clean
- Keep up with your regular oral hygiene routine by brushing and flossing properly prior to putting your aligners back on
- Brush your aligners at least once a day
What Happens Once Your Treatment Is Complete?
Just like regular orthodontic treatments, you will have to wear removable retainers after your treatment is complete. This will help maintain your new and improved smile. In some cases, a bonded wire may be placed behind your front teeth or on both upper and lower sets of teeth.
What Is The Cost Of The Treatment?
The total cost involved will be provided to you by our Orthodontist along with your comprehensive treatment plan.
When deciding on orthodontic solutions with the guidance of their parents and Specialist Orthodontist, teenagers usually opt for Invisalign as it is the best option in terms of straightening one’s teeth while steering clear of the inconveniences of traditional braces.
Advantages Of Invisalign® Teen
- Easily removable
- Almost invisible
- You do not have to wait for your teeth to fully grow as there are eruption tabs that help keep the treatment on the right path and adjust to the changes in your mouth
- Straightens your teeth without braces
- Easy to maintain good oral hygiene habits
- No restrictions on what you can eat and drink
- Very comfortable as the aligners are custom made to fit your set of teeth
- You can smile confidently as there are no wires or brackets to worry about
- No soreness or irritation
- Safe to use while playing sports
- Nearly no emergency visits
How Does It Work?
Our Specialist Orthodontist will create a tailor-made treatment plan which will indicate how the teenager’s set of teeth will move into place over the span of the treatment process. Every two weeks, you will pop in a new set of aligners that will gradually transform your smile.
Is Invisalign® Teen The Right Solution for My Teenager?
Invisalign Teen is used to treating mild to complex cases. Such as the following:
- Excessive space between the teeth
- Crowded set of teeth
- Overbite – Your upper front set of teeth overlap your lower front set of teeth
- Underbite – When your mouth is closed and your lower front set of teeth are in front of your upper set of teeth
- Open bite – When your upper and lower set of teeth do not touch when your mouth is closed
- Crossbite – When your mouth is closed and some of your upper teeth are sitting inside your lower teeth. This occurs when the upper and lower jaws are misaligned
If you would like to book a consultation session for Invisalign, kindly book an appointment online with us today or call us on +971 4 397 9522.