A wisdom tooth extraction is a surgical procedure which is used to remove one or multiple wisdom teeth. Wisdom teeth are the four permanent teeth that can be found at the back of your mouth on both the upper and lower section.
When Do You Need A Tooth Extraction?
- If your tooth is broken or extremely loose
- If you have any extra teeth that are blocking your other teeth from coming in
- Baby teeth that have not fallen out and are therefore blocking the permanent teeth from erupting
- When your wisdom tooth/teeth are causing you extreme pain
- If your wisdom tooth/teeth are infected
The two types of tooth extractions are as follows:
- Simple extraction
- Surgical extraction
For simple tooth extraction, the dentist will loosen your tooth at first and then extract it with forceps.
However, for surgical extractions, an incision in the gum is necessary to help remove your tooth. Rest assured you will not feel any pain during the process, only a bit of pressure. The dentist will inform you if stitches are needed. If so, dissoluble stitches will be used. Additionally, if you suffer from dental anxiety we offer the option of undergoing the treatment under IV Sedation/General Anaesthesia.
If you want to book a consultation session with our highly qualified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, please book an appointment with us online or call us on +971 4 397 9522 for further information regarding wisdom tooth extractions.