Any pain associated with your jaw joint can be extremely agonizing. It can also be restrictive in terms of moving your mouth while eating, talking and yawning. This kind of pain can occur due to a jaw joint disorder known as Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Dysfunction Syndrome.
Warning signs of Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction Syndrome may include the following:
- Severe jaw pain when you are trying to eat, talk or yawn
- It is difficult to chew your food
- Pain in one or both of your temporomandibular joints
- Popping or clicking sound while moving your jaw
- Joint gets locked which leads to difficulty in terms of opening and closing your mouth
- Bad headaches/neck aches that occur often
- Pain in and around your ear
- Facial pain
Are you suffering from any of the mentioned symptoms? If so, you should visit our clinic for a consultation session with one of our dentists. They will be able to diagnose, treat and prevent the re-occurrence of jaw joint disorders.
The Causes Include The Following
- Your joint is injured due to a blow or another kind of impact
- If the disk happens to erode or shift out of the correct alignment
- When your joint’s cartilage is broken due to arthritis
- TMJ Implants
- Occlusal adjustments
To book a consultation session for a jaw joint disorder evaluation, please book an appointment online with us today or call us on +971 4 397 9522.